Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Welcoming 2012


New year came and went! Achievements were a plenty and so were the tears! But always, the happy stuff first!

Peanut Len (and Mama Len)

Peanut is finally in the much awaited engaged position as I am really looking forward to experience natural birth. He turned head down during the previous check-up at 33 weeks and he has retained that position as shown by the doctor during today’s check-up. Peanut is now 35 weeks old and weighs 2.5kg. His mama, on the other hand, has just been diagnosed with high blood pressure (1st time ever) and weighs a very healthy but scary 78kg. Of course, mama’s friends are all assuring her that she’s just a big walking tub of water with a floating ball in it! Well, the doctor gave a new due date for Peanut’s showdown on 18 February, and everyone’s betting that it would be much earlier.  As long as Peanut pops out after Chinese New Year, that would be fine for all of us, in terms of logistics, finance and everything else, including his fate as a Golden Dragon baby! :)))

Big mama with her big tummy

Project Nursery

I wished we had an extra room in the house for him, but at alas, I have to sacrifice my wardrobe room to be Peanut’s nursery.  I guess it’s not a bad idea as I have been cracking my head for the past few weeks to‘re-design’ the room. Project Nursery is halfway there, and I need to stop procrastinating. But I can’t help feeling tired after work each night and just want to put up my swelling feet and read a good book. Come on Mama, you can do it!!! The pressure is rising!!! Show your readers the pictures of the nursery as soon as possible!!!

Still very empty :(

Cloth Diapers

I managed to order the cloth diapers after sourcing high and low for the best options available. I bought the 5 pieces of cloth diapers at a bargain of RM18.00 per piece and even managed to get them to be couriered for free! Well, that’s the power of endless online surfing for the super-kiasu. And if Peanut is super comfortable with cloth diapers, then I will have to attempt to get more as the common usage rate is at least 10 to 15 pieces for serious diapering. My aim is to start using them on Peanut when he is 3 to 4 months old, as advised by other mamas. The reason being that newborns poo and pee most during the first 3 months and it’s best to rely on disposable diapers first. So I am going to take that advice and probably after the confinement period is over, I will be doing a lot of diaper cost comparison. Apparently, Tesco Choice diapers are the most economical for now, as told by one mama and I can’t wait to check that out. I am a born bargain hunter and am proud of it! Haha! :D

Baby Shower

The lovely Tessy hosted a baby shower (that came with kiddy welcome packs!!!) for Peanut and I at her new pad!  It was really sweet of her to put in all the effort of gathering the Gossip Gang to pre-celebrate the arrival of the baby dragon. It was an afternoon of finger-licking fried chicken and a lot of premium cakes contributed by the ladies as well as fun and laughter over the games that we played, such as Name The Baby, Baby Bingo and Unscramble the Baby List of Words. The girls also surprised me with the very precious Avent Breastfeed Manual Pump (as per my wishlist!) and the bestie, Penny gave me the largest jar of anti-stretch mark cream that came bundled with “Pink Nipple” cream (okay, you may let your imaginations run wild now). Well, thank you ladies! I love you all! Never imagined that I would be thrown a baby shower… it  really started my 2012 on a very cheerful note :))) 

The very difficult to play 'unscramble the words' game

What a party! From L-R: Tessy, Alexis, Sharen, Anne, Penny, Yours Truly

All the gifts! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment